What is U.S. Masters Swimming?
USMS is a national membership-operated nonprofit organization that provides membership benefits to nearly 60,000 Masters swimmers across the country. These benefits include insurance, SWIMMER magazine, sanctioned events, and many others. USMS and its 52 Local Masters Swimming Committees (LMSCs) provide direct support to more than 1,500 Masters Swimming clubs and workout groups. Structure and organization of USMS programs vary and are driven by factors such as pool availability, instructor or coach availability, community support, and finances. The majority of locations offering Masters Swimming programs have coaches on deck. Coaches write workouts and provide feedback and instruction.
SEDONA MASTERS AND ADULT SWIMMING:
Love to swim? The sky is the limit. Most Masters swimmers do not wish to compete and with that in mind Sedona Masters offers individual lap swimming, structured workouts and stroke and technique assistance for any who desire it. Our practice times vary depending upon the season, but there are many opportunities to get in the water. Come join the fun, make new friends and get in the best shape of your life. Swimming is the best activity for cardio vascular fitness, flexibility, endurance, strength building with little or no impact on your joints! Get wet today!!!!
WINTER SESSION #1 - 2016: We have reunited with the Sedona Swim Team in order to keep winter swimming alive, as the pool closes to the public on November 20th. The first winter session begins for Masters on November 30th and continues through the end of December. To cover your insurance you must first register for USMS at
When you do this, register as Arizona Masters Inc for your team and Sedona Masters as your workout group. The Swordfish will also pay for our annual registration to keep us functioning as a team. Bring your USMS registration card to your first practice.
In order to register with the Sedona Masters follow these instructions:
- Select the Join Our Club tab.
- In the first sentence select registration period
- Scroll to bottom of page and click Register Now.
- Now you will be at SST Winter Swim Session 2016 and you either log in if you have an existing account or choose new user.
- Once you are logged in you begin filling out all of your information. When you get to Insurance Carrier type in USMS and for phone number type in 941-256-8767
- Click on the name of the person registering and fill out the information. At the bottom of that first section you must pay attention to *REGISTER to this GROUP - Select Master Swimmer Winter 1 Pay in Full- You must then read all of the waivers and check the boxes – most of this applies more to the kids but you need to do it to complete the process.
- The next page will be how you select to pay. You can pay by credit card or check. If you are paying by check make it our to Sedona Swim Team and on the bottom for notes write Masters. Bring that to me or Jeff at the community pool before the deadline.
****PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION IS DUE NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH. THE BOARD MEETS THAT EVENING AND WE MUST KNOW THAT WE HAVE TEN PEOPLE COMMITED AND PAID BY THAT TIME OR WE CANNOT PROCEED. IF WE REACH OUR TEN PEOPLE, OTHERS WHO CANNOT COMMIT FULLY CAN DROP IN FOR $10.00 PER SESSION – MUST SHOW PROOF OF USMS MEMBERSHIP
If you have any questions or issues with registration feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 928-274-8241.
The sessions and hours will be as follows:
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4 - 6 PM - these are coached sessions
Saturday - 8 - 10 am - uncoached sessions supervised by a lifeguard
See you in the pool! - Coach Lauren